ingen artikler å vise
Mothers Day recipes which will not disappoint
What better way to spoil your Mum this Mother’s Day than by creating something delicious for her to eat? Breakfast, lunch and dinner we’ve got you covered. Better yet, these are kids friendly, so are very quick and easy to make! (Of course if your child is young, please do have a responsible adult to supervise)
Chocolate chip pancakes:
You can’t go wrong with chocolate chip pancakes! The absolute best start of the day for the whole family.
- 135g plain flour
- 1 scoop of Juice Plus+ Complete
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- Bag of chocolate buttons or chips
- Butter or oil for the pan
To serve (optional):
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cacao powder into a bowl. Add the caster sugar, beaten egg and chocolate chips and mix together. Beat until smooth.
- Add some melted butter or oil to a non-stick frying pan. Ladle one spoonful of mixture into a circle shape. Wait until the pancake bubbles and flip over to cook both sides. Keep doing this on repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve with the toppings of your choosing.
Banana bread is a perfect addition to your Mum’s morning or in fact a treat for any time of the day. It’s also a great way to use up old bananas! We recommend you serve with a cup of tea! A cake tin is needed for this recipe.
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 270g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C. Sift the plain flour and bicarb into a bowl. Cream the butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs, mashed banana and cinnamon to the butter and sugar and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Grease a cake mixture tin and cook the mixture for about an hour, or until golden brown.
- Slice immediately and enjoy!
Mothers Day blueberry smoothie:
Nothing says rise and shine like a delicious berrylicious smoothie. The best part of this is you can adapt it depending on what you have in the fridge or freezer! A blender is needed for this recipe.
- Frozen blueberries
- Almond butter
- Hazelnut milk
- Cacao powder
Blend together. Serve, and enjoy!
‘I love you’ Mum sausage rolls
Sausage rolls are enjoyed best out the oven, and are a perfect Mothering Sunday treat. Enjoy these with a personalised heart on top or other decoration of your choice.
- Ready to roll puff pastry
- A pack of sausages or sausage meat
- 1 beaten egg
- Poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven 180C.
- Roll out your pastry.
- If using sausages, squeeze all the meat out of the sausage lining.
- Arrange your sausage meat down the centre of the pastry and roll up.
- Slice into small pieces and leave a little pastry left over.
- Use a cutter to cut small hearts from remaining pastry, and place on your sausage rolls.
- Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Afternoon tea sandwiches
Nothing says a special occasion like an afternoon tea. Serve these dainty, delectable sandwiches with your Mum’s favourite cup of tea.
- Brown bread
- White brown
- Smoked salmon
- Cream cheese
- Spread cream cheese on a slice of brown bread. Put the smoked salmon on top and then another slice of brown bread. Cut into small sandwiches.
- Mix together the avocado and the lime to make a citrus crushed avocado mix. Pop on the brown bread. Cut into small slices and top with half a terry tomato
- Cut the cheese into thin slices. Pop inside two slices of white bread with a layer of pickle. Slice into small sandwiches.
Simple salmon wellington
An absolute sure fire crowd pleaser of a dinner, served with greens and creamy mash.
- Large side of salmon (around 500g)
- Ready rolled gluten free puff pastry 280g
- 1kg potatoes
- 200g spinach
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsps walnuts
- 20g dill
- 10g parsley
- 5 tbsps olive oil
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- Knob of butter
- Make your dill pesto by blending together 20g dill, 10g parsley, 3 tbpns walnuts, lemon juice and 5 tbspns olive oil. Put to one side.
- Cover your work surface with gluten free flour and roll out your pastry. Cut a bit off the end for decoration. Add pesto to the centre of the pastry and add salmon skin side up. Remove skin from salmon.
- Egg wash top of wellington and decorate with final bits of pastry.
- Cook for 30 mins in the oven, fan oven 200C.
- Meanwhile make a creamy mash with lots of seasoning and butter.
- Saute the spinach with garlic and red chilli flakes
For the truffles:
- 300g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 240ml light coconut milk
- Teaspoon of peppermint/orange/vanilla/almond/coffee extract (I personally love peppermint flavour!)
For the topping:
- Cacao or carob powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Chopped up nuts
- Break the chocolate up into little pieces in a large bowl. Add the coconut oil and coconut milk to the bowl. Mix together and transfer to a saucepan. Heat the mixture on a low heat, until the chocolate is fully melted and combined with the coconut oil and coconut milk.
- Remove the warm mixture of coconut milk, coconut oil and chocolate from the stove and transfer back into the bowl. Add your desired extract and gently mix together. Leave the mixture to stand and cool down for at least 30 minutes to an hour – until it is completely cool.
- Cover the bowl in cling wrap and transfer to the fridge. Leave to cool for four hours – or even overnight.
When the mixture is nearly set, remove from the fridge. If it’s been in overnight, you may have to allow the mixture to warm for 15-20 minutes.
- Now the fun part! Get yourself a few bowls and fill with your desired toppings. Use a teaspoon to scoop small amounts of the chocolate truffle mixture and roll them into balls in your hands.
- Now roll them in your favourite toppings! Repeat until your mixture is finished! Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy after a dinner.
Skriv en kommentar
Har du lyst til å skrive en kommentar? Vi vil gjerne høre din mening. Vær oppmerksom på at alle kommentarer modereres. Alt som ligner spam vil bli slettet. Prøv å gjøre det til en meningsfylt diskusjon for alle involverte.