ingen artikler å vise
Get 3 Seasonal Vegetables & a Fruit into a Wrap!
The Kale and Mushroom Wrap with Cranberries and Goat Cheese
This kale is cooked with chopped onions and leek... then tart cranberries are added and the final part is oh so creamy goat cheese added and wrapped up into a healthy whole grain wrap. Dee-LISH!
Healthy Lifestyle Tip:
Eat seasonally to be in sync with Mother Nature.
She gives us what we need at just the right time.
Everyone is yammering about kale… but what’s the big deal?
- # 1. It’s chock full of nutrition.
One cup has 32% of your daily Vitamin C requirement, 32% Vitamin A plus 2% calcium!*
- # 2. It’s a leafy green.
Leafy greens are good for clearing out mucus, improving your circulation and funny enough… when you eat lots of them, they improve your mood.
- # 3: It stays good in the fridge for about a week!
If you are like me, I forget that something is in the fridge to be cooked, so it’s great when a leafy green lasts a while in the fridge.
Kale and Mushroom Wrap
with Cranberries and Goat Cheese
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 or 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek, white and pale green part only, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 250 grams mushrooms, such as cremini or button (about 4 cups)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch kale, stem removed and coarsely chopped (about 250 grams)
- 50 ml vegetable broth
- 40 grams dried cranberries (about 1/3 cup)
- 150 grams goat cheese, at room temperature, crumbled
- 4 10-inch whole grain wraps (or normal white wraps)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot, leek mushrooms, salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are soft for about 8 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until wilted, about 8 minutes.
- Add broth and cranberries; boil and scrap any brown bits from the pan’s bottom.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in goat cheese.
- Divide filling among wraps.
- Fold like a burrito and cut in half. Serve hot.
So... Are you ready to add kale to your recipe repertoire?
Let me know in the comments below on how you do kale ;-)
P.S. If you have leftover Kale… here’s what you can do with it!
3 Leftover Kale Ideas
- Make Kale Chips
- Take one leaf and rip the leafy part into tiny small pieces and sprinkle into your chicken soup or salad.
- Cook with eggs. Chop the leaves into large chunks. Sauté in oil. Et Voilà!
This kale wrap actually tastes good!
Skeptical Workshop Attendee
Source: United States Department of Agriculture, National Nutrient Database http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods and Foodle App.
Skriv en kommentar
Har du lyst til å skrive en kommentar? Vi vil gjerne høre din mening. Vær oppmerksom på at alle kommentarer modereres. Alt som ligner spam vil bli slettet. Prøv å gjøre det til en meningsfylt diskusjon for alle involverte.