Ei näytettäviä tuotteita
Maca Mocha Smoothie
Maca, chocolate and coffee are three ingredient personalities worthwhile learning about.
- Maca has been rumoured to help improve memory.
- Chocolate is often equated with love and romance.
- Coffee is what keeps us awake and alert.
- Blend all together for a smoothie that gets you going!
Let’s talk ingredients.
Maca is a powder that comes from a root vegetable and grows under harsh conditions and high altitudes in the Andes Mountain range of South America. It is related to broccoli, cabbage and kale. Maca comes in both powder and in capsule form. It has not been studied that thoroughly yet but seems to have promising characteristics. With that said, it can have a strong effect, so always check with your health care professional if you have any special health conditions.
Maca has a special taste. Let’s call it an earthy root taste and therefore I suggest adding a little bit to your first smoothie to try before you commit to adding the whole teaspoon.
Coffee is a ritual and a deeply satiating drink. It connects us to others in the kitchen and keeps us going throughout our days. The taste of coffee is something most of us look forward to and enjoy. The benefits of caffeine in the coffee range from a reduction of tiredness to better concentration.
About Complete by Juice Plus+ Chocolate Shake Powder*
- This shake powder is made from whole food ingredients with added vitamin and minerals.
- The protein found in our shake powders are sourced from soy, chickpea powder and rice protein. Our soy is minimally processed and water-washed, instead of being chemically processed.
- To the powders, we add in real food ingredients such as: Pomegranate, pumpkin, apple, amaranth, millet, quinoa, broccoli sprout, alfalfa sprout, and radish sprout.
Bring it all together into a thick creamy shake for an exciting week ahead!
When to enjoy this Maca Mocha smoothie?
Since there is caffeine in it, I would recommend enjoying it before lunch or at lunch to allow time for the caffeine to work and then be gone by the time you get to bed in the evening.
Can you make it without the Maca?
Yes, absolutely. It will taste like a simple Mocha Frappuccino. Also, delicious.
Are there any other ways to increase libido, energy and concentration?
Yes, of course. Focus on your overall health and not one body part. For example: stay hydrated, move your body, eat well and get your rest a night. These are all key to keeping your body working like it should. Keep it simple and think about habit building, one simple change at a time.
* Complete by Juice Plus+ shakes for weight management
When you prepare a Complete shake or soup differently than what is listed on pack (e.g. using a different milk or adding fruits/vegetables), it is good to know that the nutrition profile will change. Therefore, the resulting recipe may not provide the benefits of a meal replacement.
Complete by Juice Plus+ shakes, bars and soups are designed to be a meal replacement for weight control.
As a part of a calorie-controlled diet:
- replacing one meal a day with Complete contributes the maintenance of weight after weight loss
- replacing two meals a day with Complete contributes to weight loss.
Make sure to eat a variety of other foods and drink a lot of water as well.
Enjoy Complete by Juice Plus+ as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
1 scoop or sachet Complete by Juice Plus+ Chocolate
1 teaspoon Maca Powder
250ml 1% skimmed milk or other plant based option
1 shot of espresso
Optional garnish: Ground coffee beans or cacao nibs
1) Pour an espresso or a cup of coffee, let it cool.
2) Blend all ingredients together, except the coffee.
3) Pour the espresso or coffee into a large glass, followed by your smoothie.
4) Make it look Insta-worthy with a sprinkle of cacao nibs on top or a bit of ground coffee bean.
Get ready for love :-)
Haluatko lisätä kommentin? Kuulisimme sen mielellämme. Huomioithan, että kaikki kommentit tarkistetaan. Kaikki roskapostia muistuttavat kommentit poistetaan. Pyrithän tekemään tästä mielekkään keskustelun kaikille mukanaolijoille.