no items to display
Easter Chocolate Nest Recipe
Easter is the perfect time to get the family in the kitchen to bake up some delicious Easter treats, and what better way to get your kids involved than with some edible Easter egg nests!
We’ve swapped in some healthier alternatives to the combination you might be used to, not to mention a boost from our Complete by Juice Plus+ Chocolate!
These are super easy, taking around 20 minutes to put together. This recipe makes around 24 nests; enough for a Easter egg party!
- 100g butter or vegan alternative
- 200g high quality dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 200g cornflakes, branflakes or rice puffs
- 6 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of Complete by Juice Plus+ Chocolate powder (or try vanilla too!)
You will also need 24 cupcake cases!
- Boil a pan of water on the stove. Meanwhile, put the butter, dark chocolate and maple syrup into a bowl, which is the right size to balance over the pan. Once the water is boiling, place the bowl of ingredients over the water to create a bain marie.
- Stir the ingredients together over the hot water as they begin to melt together. When nearly completely melted into a smooth chocolaty sauce, add the chocolate Complete. Stir together until fully combined.
- Take off the heat and allow the bowl of chocolate sauce to cool for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, pour your cornflakes into a large mixing bowl and then add the chocolate liquid.
- Stir the mixture together using a large spoon and then spoon the mixture into cupcake cases.
- At this point you could invite your children to decorate them in sprinkles or small Easter eggs.
- Put into the fridge to set.
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.