no items to display
Welcome to 2018! While flipping a page in a calendar doesn’t wipe out our unfinished to-do lists from 2017, it does have a way of putting life into perspective. So, for me, each new year feels like a clean slate. I see it as an opportunity to get back on track with my goals or even set new ones.
In 2018, why not give yourself the ultimate gift of improved health and wellness? Speaking of gifts, I’ve got one to help you get started. In lieu of an article about resolutions, I’m making you a list you’ll want to keep around –products, recipes, and inspiration to simplify your approach in making 2018 a banner year. What could be easier?!
- Water bottle: Make it your shadow. Take it everywhere you go, and you’ll never find yourself falling short of your daily hydration needs.
- Vegetable spiralizer: These have been around for a while, and my guess is they’ve moved from trend to classic. While it’s okay to enjoy the real thing when cravings hit, it’s also a healthy move to replace calorie-laden pasta with nutrient-rich vegetables on a regular basis.
- Good eats: To follow up on #2, try this killer recipe for zucchini noodles and chicken with peanut sauce.
- Yoga mat: “But I don’t do yoga.” Now’s the time to start! I’ve been preaching the virtues of yoga a lot lately, on this blog and my social media accounts. As a longtime runner/girl who can’t sit still, I was iffy about yoga. But, as I’ve come to learn, yoga truly has something to offer for everyone.
- Brownies: Yes, I’m serious. This recipe has it all. You’ll feel like you’re indulging, but these are no ordinary brownies. They’re flourless and packed with pumpkin. This recipe is a perfect example of how eating healthy can still taste great.
- Calendar: If you’re addicted to your smartphone (as we all are), take advantage of its built-in tools. Let your calendar be your sidekick this new year. It’s a simple yet highly effective way to remove a layer of stress. As soon as an event or obligation arises, take one minute (that’s really all it takes) to add it to your phone’s calendar and set reminder alerts.
- Tubular tubers: Sweet potato toast is where it’s at. A nutrient powerhouse, the sweet potato has become a trend you won’t want to end. You can make it savory or sweet. I like mine topped with brownie hummus and blueberries. Brownie what? Yes, I said brownie hummus, and it’s awesome. (Find it here.)
- Juice Plus+: Make Juice Plus+ Capsules, Chewables or Complete by Juice Plus+ a part of your daily routine!
I hope this list motivates you to make those small changes that can make a big difference this new year. May 2018 bring you and yours health, happiness, balance, and peace! What small, healthy changes are you planning to make in the new year? Share with us in the comments!