no items to display
Health Tips for the New Year
Four Keys to Better Health
What’s in a happy new year? Health, wealth, wisdom, good coffee? Well, let us help with the “health” part. There are four basic areas where small tweaks can make a big difference: healthy eating, hydration, physical activity, as well as sleep and stress.
To help inspire you along the way, we’ve collected 12 quotes about those aspects of healthy living—and included links to more specific tips.
Do you have a favorite healthy-living quote? Share it with us below in the comments!
1. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” —Hippocrates (ancient Greek physician, often called the father of medicine)
2. “Food is an important part of a balanced diet.” —Fran Lebowitz (American writer, speaker)
3. “In order to feel well, we all must eat well, consistently, every single day.” —Tina Jones, MD
See more about healthy eating:
4. “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” —Loren Eiseley (American anthropologist, philosopher, writer)
5. “No matter how much water a sink takes on, it never lives up to its name.” —Jarod Kintz (American writer)
6. “Drinking [a] glass of water first thing in the morning really sets you up for healthier changes throughout the day.” —Michael Ewald, DC
Get more tips for staying hydrated:
7. “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save and preserve it.” —Plato (ancient Greek philosopher, teacher)
8. “Just Do It.” —Nike (maker of athletic gear, named for the Greek goddess of victory)
9. “If you get physically active, and you’re fueling yourself right, you’re going to have more energy.” —F. Matt Brown, Jr., MD
Find out more about getting a move on :
Sleep and Stress
10. “Sleep, riches, and health are only truly enjoyed after they have been interrupted.” —Jean Paul (German romantic writer)
11. “Without enough sleep, we all become tall 2-year-olds.” —JoJo Jensen (American voiceover artist, writer)
12. “Sleep is healing. Sleep is therapeutic.” —Bill Sears, MD
Learn more about improving sleep & decreasing stress:
*Bonus: This post about energizing foods includes a link to a green smoothie that uses coffee as an ingredient!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.