no items to display
5 Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Hectic Mornings
When it comes to breakfast, the options are endless. Pancakes or waffles? Ham or bacon? Oatmeal or fruit? But in today’s fast-paced world, few have the time to sit down and actually enjoy breakfast. Between getting the kids ready for school, preparing lunches, attempting to catch the school bus, and trying to get to work on-time, there’s barely enough time to grab a cup of coffee, let alone a healthy breakfast. The result? A pre-made egg-loaf-spongy-patty-blob-thing from the nearest drive thru or worse, not eating breakfast at all. So put down the pop tarts and celebrate All American Breakfast Month the right way! Here are 5 options for a healthy breakfast on-the-go:
1. Fruit Smoothies: Smoothies and breakfast shakes make the perfect on-the-go breakfast. Blend together 1 frozen banana, 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, 1 cup soy or almond milk, and a few ice cubes. Add a scoop of your favorite Juice Plus+ Complete shake mix flavor for an extra boost of nutrients, protein and fibers from whole foods. Now thanks to Juice Plus+, anyone can enjoy whole food based nutrition without a bowl or spoon!
2. Egg Muffins: Eggs are one of the most versatile breakfast foods around, but few of us can spare the time to cook them in the morning. To make your mornings easier, try baking your usual frittata in muffin pans at the beginning of the week, and bringing one along each day. Quickly rewarm in the morning and you’ll have grab-and-go eggs for days!
3. Oatmeal Squares: Oatmeal is a great option for a hearty breakfast or snack, but what’s the best way to make it into a more convenient and portable snack? Bake it into squares! Top with your favorite breakfast spreads like almond butter, honey, or jam! Try this recipe here.
4. Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits: One of the easiest, healthiest, and tastiest on-the-go breakfast meals out there is a classic fruit and yogurt parfait. The best part? It can be made with just about any toppings you’d like. Try choosing fruits that are in season locally for the most flavorful options and don’t forget to add a healthy yogurt.
5. Zucchini Muffins: Who says muffins have to be unhealthy? Any recipe that fits a serving of veggies into a delicious baked good is a winner in my book. These zucchini and banana muffins with flaxseed fit three healthier options into one easy-to-tote package.
What’s your favorite healthy breakfast on-the-go option? Share with us below!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.