no items to display
8 Ways to Get Your Family Eating More Fruits & Vegetables
Has convincing your kids to take just one more bite of broccoli at dinner become a regular battle? Do you worry your spouse or sibling isn’t eating enough fresh produce? Don’t fret. Here are 8 surefire ways to help your family realize they love fruits and veggies.
- Lead by example. We can’t stress this enough. If you’re eating your share, your family will notice and will likely follow suit.
- Get them involved. Include the whole family on grocery-shopping trips and in the kitchen. They are more likely to eat something they chose and helped prepare.
- Take Juice Plus+. The Children’s Health Study has shown that children—and adults—who take Juice Plus+ tend to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Grow your own. Delicious produce right outside your back door makes it convenient for everyone to eat healthier. Also, studies have shown that children are several times more likely to eat vegetables from a garden they helped cultivate. Now, that’s easier than ever with Tower Garden by Juice Plus+, a vertical growing system you can put almost anywhere.
- Work with their tastes. Does a ravenous sweet tooth run in the family? Choose sweeter produce—such as strawberries, sweet peas, corn, oranges and similar foods—to make this trait work in your favor.
- Make it a game. Kids playing with their food doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Have them arrange their plates’ colorful produce into faces or animals. Then, invoke their competitive spirits by challenging them to eat their creations faster than everyone else to “win.”
- Reinforce positive behavior. Most of us are motivated by positive feedback, so be sure to acknowledge when your family is eating well. Reward healthy eating choices with a special treat—like family movie night, or a coveted item such as new clothing or a new toy—from time to time.
- Don’t give up. It can be a battle, but it’s one worth winning. Keep at it, and soon your family will be asking for seconds!
While you’re turning your family members into healthy-eating machines, bridge the nutrition gap with Juice Plus+. Health professionals around the world recommend Juice Plus+, and it’s been linked to healthier lifestyle choices in children.
Chime in below with any additional tips you have for healthy eating.
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.