no items to display
Stay Focused This Semester with These Energy Boosting Foods
It’s three o’clock in the afternoon and you’re dragging. Reaching for that cup of coffee or sugary drink to make it through class? Think again! Try these natural energy boosting foods to get you through class and motivated to finish the day.
- Almonds- Almonds not only provide a good source of healthy fats and proteins, the omega-3 and omega-6 gives you a mental boost of energy for increased alertness. Consider keeping a bag of almonds or mixed nuts in your backpack for a quick, convenient and protein-filled snack.
- Fresh Fruit- Before heading to class, blend together a smoothie with blueberries to help you focus, strawberries which helps turn fat to energy and yogurt to help regulate the release of energy. These energy boosting foods are packed with natural sugar for a quick and healthy pick-me-up.
- Whole Grains- Our bodies primarily use carbohydrates to fuel itself. Healthy whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat pasta and quinoa are great options to give your body sustained energy. For healthy meal options, try warm quinoa with raisins, almonds and cinnamon as a cereal or mix it into your favorite salad for lunch to keep your body full and energized well into your next meal.
- Leafy Greens- Dark leafy vegetables, like spinach are packed with iron that helps to improve concentration levels. Next time you’re out for lunch, skip the pizza line and head to the salad bar for a healthy and energy boosting meal.
- Water- One of the most important factors of your energy level is hydration. Stay hydrated by bringing a refillable water bottle everywhere you go to allow your body to function properly and refuel throughout the day.
College can be tiring, but eating right makes all the difference. What healthy foods give you a boost of energy for class?
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.