Inga artiklar att visa
Quick and Easy Vegan Recipes Under 15 Minutes
If you’ve ever wanted to try a day of vegan eating, here are three quick and easy recipes that are simple enough to prep and have ready to feast on in under 15 minutes. Yesss!
What Does Eating Vegan Mean?
By definition, vegan recipes do not contain any of the following animal-derived ingredients:
Please remember that while some people may experience excellent health eating a vegan diet, others may not. And this is due to our own “bio-individuality.” Meaning, no particular way of eating is a perfect fit for everyone, because we each have highly individualised nutritional requirements.
With that in mind, and while Juice Plus+ supports plant-based foods in balance with eating animal products, vegan recipes can help pack more fruit and veg into your day. Which is always a WIN!
Vegan Breakfast Recipe:
Banana Oat Blender Pancakes (makes 12-15 smallish pancakes)
My two teens and I enjoy these most weekends. This recipe couldn’t be easier to prep as the ingredients are put together into a blender or food processor.
120gms uncooked rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons chia seeds mixed with 5 tablespoons water, let stand for 5 mins
(Note: many regular recipes that require 1 egg can be made vegan by substituting a single egg with 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 2 ½ tablespoons water)
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ vanilla extract
coconut oil for cooking
pure maple syrup for drizzling
fresh strawberries, raspberries, or fruit of choice for topping
- In a kitchen blender or food processor, add the oats, bananas, chia seed mixture, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan.
- Once pan is hot, place a spoon of the batter onto the hot pan.
- Repeat until pan is full of pancakes approx. 8cm in diameter.
- Cook each pancake until bubbles appear and begin to pop.
- Flip and cook each until the other side is also golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter (or to cook up the mixture more quickly, use two separate frying pans.
Enjoy immediately drizzled all over with maple syrup, and lots of fresh fruit on top.
These are sooo good!
Vegan Lunch Recipe:
Rainbow Veggie Plate with Tahini Dressing (serves 1)
This is a wonderfully versatile recipe that you can change up with the seasons and have fit with whatever you have on hand. It’s also easy to make it more or less “raw vs cooked” depending on how you feel.
In summer I prefer to eat more “raw” so I’ll only steam the broccoli from the ingredient list below. In winter I might steam all of the veg and add in some sweet or regular potato that’s been previously roasted.
Here’s what I love to plate up at the moment:
½ small head broccoli, steamed
¼ red pepper, raw, chopped
¼ yellow pepper, raw, chopped
¼ small courgette, raw, grated
2 mushrooms, raw, sliced
1 tablespoon coriander or Thai basil, chopped, optional
small handful sprouts, optional
a few raw nuts, chopped, optional
½ pear or chopped mango, optional
Arrange as much as you feel like eating on your favourite plate. Drizzle with the following dressing and get ready to feel amazing!
Dressing for 1:
1 teaspoon tahini
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice
½ teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
½-1 tablespoon warm water to thin out the dressing to your liking
Vegan Dinner Recipe:
Chickpeas with Tomato, Dill & Crumbled Vegan Feta Cheese (serves 4)
This is one of my favourite go-to dinners. Quick and easy, but also fancy enough to serve to guests. Win-win all round!
Splash of olive oil for cooking
1 red onion, chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
shake of chili flakes (to your taste)
300g can of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2-3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, whizzed up in a food processor
1 cup water
Handful fresh dill, chopped
100g vegan feta cheese
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add onion, chilli flakes, and garlic. Cook gently until onion is soft.
- Add chickpeas and stir.
- Add chopped tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and water. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened to your liking.
- Sir through chopped dill.
- Serve over steamed rice with crumbled feta on top.
What are your thoughts about eating vegan?
Vill du lämna en kommentar? Vi vill gärna höra vad du tycker.