Inga artiklar att visa
Baked Bananas, the healthy sweet warming treat!
Gooey, warm, soft and sweet deliciousness – this is what baked bananas bring to the table. You might have heard of banana bread or banoffee pie as the best sweet ways to use bananas, but did you know baking them in the oven makes the most incredible warming sweet treat?
Baked bananas is such a simple and versatile way to enjoy bananas – not to mention a really healthy alternative to other sweet banana treats. The versatility makes this recipe an absolute winner for adults and children alike, because the fun is in the toppings, which can be swapped and customised to suit your liking. Winter months have us craving warm and filling meals, and these baked bananas are not only a true winter warmer soothing us from the inside out, but wholesome and home cooked, which is essential for a balanced and healthy diet.
Are baked bananas good for me?
Bananas are absolutely packed with important nutrients to help our body function, most notably potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. They are also a great source of magnesium and fibre. Cooking bananas helps release the starch and sugars in the banana, which helps our bodies generate energy.
How to make baked bananas:
These are so simple and require very few ingredients – and they are insanely moreish!
Recipe for baked bananas
Serves 4 – double or triple quantities for more people
- 2-3 bananas
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey (date or agave syrup to make vegan)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Grab yourself a baking tray and cover it with foil
3. Carefully slice the bananas lengthways and lie on the tray (with the inside of the banana facing up)
4. Spoon over the honey and then sprinkle over the cinnamon evenly
5. Make sure your oven is preheated – and pop in the tray of bananas and cook for 10 - 15 minutes until they become soft and sticky (this may vary depending on the size and ripeness of the banana)
When you take them out they should be soft, sticky, gooey and smell amazing. Now the fun part begins – toppings and accompaniments! These make all the difference, turning this basic baked banana recipe into a completely personalised and decadent dessert.
Here’s a list of our favourites.
Baked banana topping ideas
- Chopped nuts
- Caramelised nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Date syrup
- Agave syrup
- Greek yogurt
- Crème fraiche
- Melted chocolate (dark or milk)
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Cacao nibs
- Squeeze lime juice
Our favourite topping combinations are:
- For kids, ice cream, sprinkles and chocolate chips
- For adults, Greek yogurt, caramelised nuts, cacao nibs and a squeeze of date syrup
You can store your leftover baked bananas in the fridge in a airtight container for up for three days. You can enjoy them cold or eat them up gently again – they are the gift that keeps on giving.
A favourite leftover hack of ours is to place them on porridge for a decadent winter breakfast. Delicious.
What divine baked banana topping are you going to come up with?
Vill du lämna en kommentar? Vi vill gärna höra vad du tycker.