Inga artiklar att visa
Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Cake Recipe
Flourless hazelnut and chocolate cake with summer berries
For the chocolate cake:
- 100g (60-70%) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200g ground hazelnuts
- 4 large free range eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130g coconut sugar
- Butter for greasing
For the raspberry yoghurt topping:
- 250g thick greek yoghurt
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 2-4tbsp maple syrup
To decorate: seasonal berries!
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Butter the sides and base of a 22cm (8½in) diameter, 6.5cm (2½in) deep springform cake tin, then line with baking parchment.
2. Melt the chocolate: place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Add a couple of centimeters of water to a small saucepan and heat until simmering. Place the bowl over the simmering water, but make sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Heat the chocolate, stirring every so often until almost completely melted, remove from the heat and let the residual heat of the bowl melt any remaining lumps.
Tip: You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave on a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Set the chocolate aside to cool.
3. Place the egg whites into a medium mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and, using an electric beater, whisk until soft peaks form. With the mixer on medium speed, whisk in half the sugar a tablespoon at a time. Beat the yolks in a separate bowl with the remaining the sugar until thickened and fluffy (the mixture should leave a trail when the beaters are lifted out). Stir the hazelnuts, cooled chocolate and vanilla essence into the egg yolks and gently fold in the whites (taking care to knock out as little air as possible). Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the cake is firm to the touch.
4. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To decorate: Using a fork, roughly crush half the raspberries and stir through the yoghurt. Dollop the yoghurt onto the cake, decorate with the berries and spoon over some maple syrup.
Vill du lämna en kommentar? Vi vill gärna höra vad du tycker.