Inga artiklar att visa
Finding Fitness that You Love
- Do you struggle with going to the gym?
- Do you beat yourself up every time you don’t get there and waste your money on an expensive membership?
- Do you want to find the fitness solution that you absolutely love?
Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Do a Fitness Taster!
First… a little background.
I’ve been a member of various gyms throughout my life. Frustrated that I would go faithfully for 3 – 4 weeks and then not be able to go again for another month or so. Grrrr.
But let’s be honest. I didn’t really want to go to the gym.
- For me, I don’t like to work out on the machines
- I always thought that the people are annoyingly in good shape
- You have to carry this huge gym bag along with your work bag to work… how uncool (and heavy)
So what to do…
Focus on finding the “movement” that you love without strings attached.
How does a fitness taster work?
Write down what you hate about your current workout routine to nail down what it is that you can’t deal with (or what is holding you back from getting there.)
Try at least 3 new sports/fitness/movement options in one month.
- Most gyms and sports places allow one training for free to just try it out and see if it works for you.
- Try without committing…
- Exactly. You heard me PLAY!
- Think with your inner child voice and PLAY around with different things to see what you have fun with.
When it’s fun, it will be EASY to get moving
(and you’ll go more often, because it will pull you to do it.)
And that gorgeous body of yours will love moving more often. Movement of any kind will help you to balance your weight, keep you young, relaxed… and sexy!
What did I try? Over the period of 6 months:
- Hip Hop
- Lyrical Jazz
- Boot Camp (Military style training)
- Roof Top Training
I had a blast trying so many new things and going to different places. It was also interesting to learn the different “methodologies” behind the sports and to meet the people who do them.
Ultimately I chose yoga…
Why? Because I could go without a gym bag! My mat was stored in the studio cupboard. I brought a travel size deo and a bit of touch up make-up, which is always handy anyway. I had my stretchy pants and bra top, which are light and thin and fit easily into my laptop bag. This is SO MUCH BETTER than toting around heavy sneakers, sopping wet bath towels and full shower gear all day long.
Instead of thinking that you have to finish what you’ve started…. PLAY with the different fitness disciplines. You could literally “try” new sports all year long!
Vill du lämna en kommentar? Vi vill gärna höra vad du tycker.