Inga artiklar att visa
Do Vegetarians Only Eat Side Dishes?
The tree huggers of this world want us to go vegetarian, or maybe even vegan in order to save our planet. They might be right, but it’s quite a stretch from where we are today. Growing up in an Italian/Spanish/American/Austrian family… meat was the center of the meal and the vegetables were always on the side.
I struggled with the all veg concept.
- How can vegetarians only eat side dishes?
- How do they survive?
- Do they feel something is missing?
So… I took one baby step forward.
Instead of taking meat out 100%, I flipped the meat/veg ratio.
Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Make meat the accent versus the main focus
- Meat has slowly become an accent versus the main focus of my meals. And I love it.
- Wok vegetables and a bit of slice steak on top.
- Pasta with rockin tomato sauce and a meatball.
- Ginormous salad with a few strips grilled chicken.
- Butternut Squash stuffed with quinoa, vegetables and a few pieces of chopped salciccia (Italian sausage.)
- Bean tacos, cheese, peppers, chili and a bit of guacamole. (Ooops that’s all vegetarian)
So is it true, do vegetarians only eat side dishes?
No, not at all. Here are my favorite vegetarian/vegan dishes.
- Black Bean Tacos and Tangy Cabbage
- Creamed Mushrooms on Toast
- Zucchini Spaghetti
- Chocolate Protein Truffles
As a former mega-meat eater, going in the vegetarian direction, I promise it's not as bad as it sounds. It’s actually amazing.
AND any little bit will help our planet ;-) and your body.
Vill du lämna en kommentar? Vi vill gärna höra vad du tycker.