no items to display
Complete Hot Chocolate
This recipe couldn’t be simpler and more nutritious.
Did you know that Juice Plus+ Complete Chocolate Shake powders contain more than just yummy chocolate goodness? Our shake powders include real food ingredients, such as water-washed soy protein, chickpea powder, rice protein, amaranth, millet, quinoa, radish sprouts, broccoli sprouts, pomegranate, pumpkin, apple, alfalfa sprouts and other added nutrients.
When prepared as directed on pack:
(This hot chocolate recipe is made with the same ingredients as on pack, only it’s heated up.)
Energy: 209 kcal
Fat: 2.5 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Sugars: 21 g
Fibre: 5 g
Protein: 20 g
Salt: 0.6 g
Other nutrients you’ll find in Juice Plus+ Complete Chocolate shake powder are vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, and iodine.
Skimmed milk: You can swap out the skimmed milk for a plant-based milk such as soy milk, rice milk or coconut milk. Just know that if you change the milk, you change the nutritional profile. Just don’t swap out for hot water like one would with an instant cocoa. That would be TERRIBLE.
- Mini marshmallows – my son’s favourite, they melt quickly so add them at the very end before drinking.
- Whipped coconut cream – instead of cow’s milk cream, try skimming the thick part of coconut milk off the top, placing it in a bowl with a bit of powdered sugar and whip until a cream is created. Decadent and vegan!
- Chopped dark chocolate – we love dark chocolate and it’s always in our house. Either use a cheese grater or chop with a sharp knife. An absolute treat on warm hot chocolate!
- Chopped candy cane pieces – I discovered this last year. I had no idea! I love mint and chocolate together. A must do!
250 ml 0,1% skimmed milk
1 scoop Juice Plus+ Complete Chocolate
Try one of these:
- Mini marshmallows
- Whipped coconut cream
- Chopped dark chocolate
- Chopped candy cane pieces
- Gently, gently warm up a saucepan with your milk of choice. Note: I normally choose lactose-free whole milk, but you can use 0,1% skimmed milk or a plant-based milk if you want.
- Once the milk is warm add in a scoop of Juice Plus+ Complete Chocolate shake powder and stir with a whisk or fork to smooth out any lumps.
- Remove from heat and add your favourite toppings!
Health & Wellness Coach
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.