no items to display
Winter Spiced Cookies
The festive season is the perfect chance to try some new treats and goodies – and this spiced cookie recipe is a total winner. They are completely gluten free, sugar free AND vegan too! I promise they do actually taste delicious. These will keep in an airtight container for up to a week, so they make a perfect Christmas offering at a party. Pop them in a festive box as a little present - or keep them for yourself… just try not to eat them all at once!
200g ground almonds
180g rice flour plus some for dusting
95ml maple syrup
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of Juice PLUS+ Complete Chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
Some icing to decorate! I used pre made tube icing from a regular supermarket
Fun or festive cookie cutters
1. Pre heat the oven at 180C and cover a couple of baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl, add 100ml water and mix until a sticky dough forms. Make sure you sieve the flour!
3. Cover a worktop and a rolling pin with rice flour and get your dough mixture onto the surface. Roll out into a 1-2cm thickness and completely smooth.
4. Use your chosen cutter to cut as many cookies as you can from the mixture and place on your baking tray.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check around 15 minutes and leave for longer if needed.
6. When baked, remove from oven and leave on baking tray until cool.
7. Now time to get creative! Decorate with your desired pattern and let the icing set.
8. Enjoy with a hot drink! Perfect dipped in hot chocolate – yum!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.