At Juice Plus+ we have a strong respect, and we appreciate your business with us. In particular data protection has the highest priority and, since we started, we always made sure to build our services with a set of strong privacy principles in mind and expect the same from our business partners.
We keep your data safely and securely only for as long as it is necessary
We use your data fairly and lawfully to improve your experience
You are in charge of how and when you hear from us
We do not sell any of your Data provided
In this Policy the first person ("we", "our", "us", "ours") denotes The Juice Plus+ Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates connected to the Juice Plus+® brand (in short, "Juice Plus+") responsible for the collection and processing of the Data and bound by this Policy.
1. When is Data collected and for what purpose?
At Juice Plus+ we limit the amount and type of data that we collect to what is necessary for the identified purposes and do not collect Data unless you provide it to us voluntarily.Although the precise details of the Data collected will vary according to the specific purpose, we may typically collect the following Data from or in relation to you:
|Information about your use of the Sites ("Usage Data"). It may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your Site use. The source of the Usage Data is an analytics tracking third party system.
The Usage Data may be processed to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our products and services to you.
Information included in your personal profile on the Sites or provided to your Juice Plus+ Independent Partner (IP) or Wellness Coordinator through the Sites ("Account Information."). It may include, but is not limited to:
The Account Information may be processed to:
Information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding products and/or services or to access your data ("Enquiry Data").
The Enquiry Data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant products and/or services to you or to respond to requests for information.
Information relating to transactions, including purchases and delivery of products and services that you enter into with us, through the Website and/or through your Juice Plus+ Independent Partner (IP) or Wellness Coordinator ("Transaction Data"). The Transaction Data may include your contact details, the bank or card details provided and the transaction details.
The Transaction Data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services, allowing us to manage your order and keeping proper records of those transactions.
Information that You provide to us, through the Site, the mobile application, and/or through Your Partner, for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters ("Notification Data").
The Notification Data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications about products and services and/or newsletters. If you do not wish to receive such mailings anymore, simply click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or contact us and/or as set out under “Contact Us” below. You will be given an option to consent or to opt-out of marketing communications where you provide your email address directly to us.
Information contained in or relating to any communication through the Website or through your Juice Plus+ Independent Partner (IP) or Wellness Coordinator ("Correspondence Data"). The Correspondence Data may include but is not limited to the communication content and metadata associated with the communication and eventually your response.
The Correspondence Data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling. This means a decision based solely on automated profiling which produces legal effects concerning the individual, and which must not be based on special categories of (i.e. sensitive) Data without explicit consent or substantial public interest with safeguards. Meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of the processing for the individual must also be provided.
We do not use automated decision-making which produces legal effects or similarly significant effects unless this is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and Juice Plus+.
We do however undertake profiling. We undertake data analytics on purchases to understand how we can improve our services to enhance customer interaction with us. We also use web analytics on our Sites which affects website visitors.
We do not base profiling on special categories of Data, that is Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
2. What is the legal basis for the collection and use of Data?
We collect, use, and share the data on the following legal basis:
- as is necessary to fulfil our contractual terms and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract;
- as consistent with your consent, which you can amend, update, or revoke at any time;
- in compliance with the consent you provided to the analytics tracking third parties for the Usage Data;
- as necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interest to operate our business in accordance with legitimate commercial practice, for example to provide products and services and issue direct marketing;
- to train our staff and promote our service with other partners and to the public;
- to maintain accounts and records;
- to prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Juice Plus+ products and services, violations of our terms and policies, or other harmful or illegal activity;
- to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or products), our users or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; to secure systems and fight spam, threats, abuse, or infringement activities and promote safety and security across the Juice Plus+ Sites;
- internal group administration and administration of other relationships;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to protect your interests, or those of others.
2. How is Data shared, transferred or disclosed?
|Group companies. When you provide information to us, we may use that information to provide information and services to you as requested. We may need to share your information with affiliated companies (including in the US, and Europe and the UK) to help operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Products and Services. This includes helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how our Sites are used, helping us provide a way for you to connect with Juice Plus+ Independent Partner (IP), and securing systems. We also share information to fight spam, threats, abuse, or infringement activities and promote safety and security across the Juice Plus+ Sites.
· Whenever we share or transfer data to group companies, we require them to use your Data in accordance with this Policy.
Juice Plus+ Independent Partners (IP) and Wellness Coordinators. The IP who has signed you up and their upline and Wellness Coordinator (where applicable) will have access to your Account, Transaction and other Data in Juice Plus+ system to the extent this is required in relation to their role and the management of the relationship with you.
|The sharing with Independent Partners and Wellness Coordinators is limited to enable the performance and management of your account, your orders, and payments to them. To the extent your Data is processed by IPs and Wellness Coordinators using Juice Plus+ systems, they are recipients of data from Juice Plus+. You should contact Juice Plus+ in relation to your exercise of any rights in relation to your Data so processed, or if you have any complaints in that regard.
Third-Party Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, secure, support, and market our products and services.
When we share information with third-party service providers to perform support services for us, they may access your Data only for the purposes of performing those support services (in accordance with our instructions) and must keep your Data secure.
Authorities In addition to the specific disclosures of information as set out in the Policy, we may also have to disclose your Data where such disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person, for the exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure or in order to meet national security or law enforcement compliance.
When we share information with authorities they may access your Data only on legitimate grounds and for the specified purposes.
Please note that Juice Plus+ may contact you via email to invite you to review any services and/or products you received from us provided you have not opted out of receiving such emails. We may work with external companies to provide such feedback.
4. How long do we keep your Data?
We only keep your Data for as long as is necessary to satisfy the specified purposes and services that are related to you or that you have requested, providing that no legal requirements exist to the contrary such as in the case of retention periods required by trade or tax regulations or to resolve disputes. Call recordings are generally kept for six months. Your personal record will be kept for as long as it may be necessary for fiscal and similar purposes, or for the exercise-/defence of potential claims. If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your Data, please follow the instruction in Section 8.
5. How can you exercise your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation or any other applicable privacy law, you have the right to access, rectify, port, and erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information, unless the processing is based on compelling legitimate grounds or is needed for legal reasons.
Where we use your Data for direct marketing, you can always object and opt out of future marketing messages using the unsubscribe link in such communications.
You can update the delivery or billing information, as well as other Data, you provided to us by logging-in to your Customer Account at myjuiceplus.com and making the appropriate changes or corrections yourself by clicking the edit button next to “Contact Information”. You may also de-activate your account, by contacting our customer support team. Once you do so, your account will then be de-activated on a going-forward basis, although certain Data may still be retained to the extent necessary to fulfil our legitimate business needs, comply with applicable law, resolve disputes, and enforce our contracts. To exercise your rights in all other cases, please follow the instruction in Section 8.
6. How is Your Data secured?
At Juice Plus+ it is essential to protect Data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Data, regardless of the format in which it is held. In this regard, we use various methods to safeguard Data. They include:
- Physical measures: Secured Server locations, restriction of access, and alarm systems.
- Technical tools: passwords and encryption, using generally industry best practices.
- Organizational controls: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
- Online security: such as encryption and authentication tools to protect your Data from unauthorized use. Firewalls are utilized to protect our servers and network from unauthorized users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store.
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your credit card information online and Juice Plus+, as a global organisation, has signed up to and aims to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which is managed by the PCI Security Standards Council (which was founded by American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide, and Visa International) in order to improve credit card security for customers. The PCI DSS is a multifaceted security standard that includes requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures with a view to achieving ongoing development, enhancement, storage, dissemination and implementation of high security standards for account data protection. For more details on PCI DSS please refer to: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org.
If you wish to manage, change, limit, or delete your data, please follow the instruction in Section 6.
How to control cookies
8. How can I contact Juice Plus+?
In the event you have any question or concern regarding our use of your Data or about the Policy, or if you wish to amend, update, object to or restrict the collection and/or processing of your Data provided to Juice Plus+, or access to such Data, please click on the following link contact our Data Privacy Team.
In the event we are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, then you have the right to contact the Data Protection Authority in your country.
Updated and effective January 2024
Copyright© 2024, The Juice Plus+ Company All rights reserved.