no items to display
Want to get more done?
Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Manage Energy, Not Time
FACT: You get more productive when you give yourself a break.
Don’t believe me? Try this.
Set your timer. Work for 90 minutes straight and then give yourself a 5 - 10 minute break. Do this the whole day in 90-minute intervals. You may find that you can continue to work longer and get more done than if you kept at it constantly the whole day.
The minutes of recuperation help to give you space for creativity and clarity.
You can do this at home too when you have to get the housework done. I find that I get my cleaning done faster with the timer ;-)
For those who are challenged…
Simple Yet Effective Break Ideas
- Look out the window.
- Get a cup of tea, coffee or water.
- Walk around your office/home.
- Call a friend or work colleague.
- Look at cute kittens on the Internet.
- Listen to rainforest sounds or evening crickets on YouTube with your eyes closed.
- Get outside and see the sun… walk in grass.
Don't underestimate the power of 5 - 10 minutes of space. It works.
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.