no items to display
It’s that time of year again—pumpkin spice products are everywhere. If you’re a fan of this classic fall flavor, you may have noticed how often pumpkin spice is included in products that aren’t exactly healthy—pumpkin spice ice cream, pumpkin spice pretzels, pumpkin spice lattes—even pumpkin spice M&Ms! If you’re craving pumpkin spice, but you want something more nutritious, don’t despair. We’ve found four fun — and healthy — pumpkin spice recipes for you to try!
Pumpkin is a healthy vegetable, filled with antioxidants, carotenoids, and vitamins. A one-cup serving of pumpkin supplies[i]:
- 245% of the daily value (DV) for vitamin A, necessary for healthy vision, immune strength, and the integrity of skin and mucous membranes
- 19% of the DV for vitamin C, which also aids immune function and is needed for the health of connective tissue
- 10% of the DV for vitamin E, a third vitamin that supports immune health and is also important for making red blood cells
- 16% of the DV for potassium, an electrolyte that maintains fluid balance in cells and is critical to a healthy heart
- 3 grams of fiber, which is necessary for normal digestion and elimination as well as reduces the risk of heart disease
- Just 49 calories!
If you’re making your own pumpkin puree or carving a jack-o-lantern, save the seeds! They contain iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, protein, and healthy fat. You can roast them with a little olive oil and salt, or you could try them with pumpkin spice! Now, here are a few delicious, healthy recipes.
Spiced Pumpkin Granola Parfait
A Spiced Pumpkin Granola Parfait might be my favorite breakfast to have in the fall. Simple layers of spiced canned pumpkin, granola, and Greek yogurt make a quick, pretty, and healthy breakfast. Personally, though, I would use full-fat Greek yogurt and substitute maple syrup for agave syrup.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes
These oat-pumpkin pancakes have a boost of protein from your choice of chocolate or vanilla protein powder. Try this recipe with our Complete by Juice Plus+ shake mix!
Protein-Packed Pumpkin Spiced Oats in a Jar
The only thing better than overnight oats is a jar of pumpkin spiced oats! Overnight oat recipes are popular these days because they save precious time on rushed mornings while still delivering delicious nutrition.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a classic fall snack, but switch it up a bit with these pumpkin pie spiced pumpkin seeds!
Do you like pumpkin-spiced foods? What’s your favorite? Share in the comments below!