no items to display
5 Slow Cooker Fruit and Vegetable Recipes for Fall
Fall is upon us. The leaves are changing colors, trees are becoming bare, and the air is crisp. Being from the South, I’ve personally never been a fan of winter. Fall, on the other hand, gets me really excited and ready for change. It could be the absence of humidity before the bone-chilling temps set in (okay so bone-chilling in the South is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea) or the excitement of pulling out a whole new wardrobe of cooler weather attire? But, actually, the thing that most excites me about fall is being able to break out the Crock-Pot!
While the convenience of throwing a bunch of ingredients into one pot and letting it go (and the easy clean-up) is a plus, it’s the endless possibilities of delicious, healthy dishes that really gets me pumped. In the spirit of Crock-Pot Season, I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite, go-to slow-cooker meals incorporating fruits and vegetables.
1. Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa – This recipe is hearty and healthy incorporating chicken, quinoa, and butternut squash.
2. Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili – It’s not your traditional chili, but a tasty vegetarian version that’s perfect for fall and a nice departure from traditional chili recipes.
3. Pasta e Fagioli Soup Recipe with Whole Wheat Orzo – This one is another twist on a traditional meatless dish.
4. Slow Cooker Baked Apple – As amazing as my grandmother’s baked apples are, they are far from healthy! I found this healthy alternative for those moments when the craving strikes me. (Tip: To keep it healthy, I typically use coconut oil or ghee)
5. Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce – Just in time for the holidays, this one never disappoints. I’ve played around with this one and usually do a chunky batch and a jellied batch. To make the jellied batch, I put the mixture in a food processor and filter through a sieve in place of step #7.
I hope that you enjoy these guilt-free crock-pot recipes as much as my family does. If you have any go-to healthy recipes of your own, please share them below. After all, Crock-Pot season is just beginning!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.