Eating Well and Balanced
It all begins with a plant-based diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, plus certain foods that deliver a high amount of specific nutrients – like Omega-3 fatty acids, which typically comes from oily fish.
Plant-based Omega Fatty Acids
Our ethos includes sourcing the best nutrition from fruits, vegetables and seeds.
Omega-3’s: Oily fish are often considered the best source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. These fish provide so much omega 3, because they mainly feed on algae. This is why we “skipped the middle fish” and went straight to algae, the true source of omega-3 for our capsules.
Omegas 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9: We’ve rounded out our blend with additional omega fatty acids from sources such as pomegranate seeds, sea buckthorn berries, black currant seeds and safflower seeds. These plant ingredients provide additional fatty acids such as Omegas 5 and 7 and other Omega-3 fatty acids such as ALA..
* How do these omega fatty acids support the body?
- DHA contributes to maintenance of normal brain function
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart
The beneficial effect is associated with a daily intake of 250 mg of DHA / DHA and EPA.
The Juice Plus+ Omega Blend provides 275mg of DHA/EPA per day (2 capsules a day.)
- One of a kind blend of Omegas
- Naturally sourced Omegas from algae and the oils of seeds and fruits.
- Gluten free
- No artificial colour, flavouring or preservatives