no items to display
3x3 with Luke: Fitting fitness in your lunch break
(or any other spare 10 minutes!)
Finding time to get fit while leading a busy life can be really difficult. We have the perfect solution for anyone wanting to add exercise to their daily routine, but struggle to find the time. “3x3 with Luke” is easy, takes very little time of your day, and no special equipment. Luke Rennie, our personal trainer from Australia, has developed these simple, efficient exercises just for you. It won’t take long to experience results and you will feel fitter and stronger in no time.
Here, Luke shows you 3 exercises that you can easily do during your lunch break. It doesn’t matter if you are working in an office, a shop, at home or if you are studying – and you can even do them in any loose fitting clothing! For these exercises all you need is to find a small space anywhere, a mat, and 10 minutes of your time.
1. Exercise: Plank leg lift
- Make fists and place your forearms on the ground, elbows directly under your shoulders and contract your butt.
- Position yourself in an even and neutral plank with your eyes looking straight at the ground.
- Alternate lifting each leg towards the sky, keeping your legs straight
- Repeat for 20-30 seconds or 1 minute for advanced level
2. Exercise: Hip Bridge
- Lay down on your back with your head straight and relax.
- Bend your knees, positioning your feet close to your butt and lift your hips up to the sky. Push them as high as possible and contract your butt.
- Go back to the lower position (but your butt shouldn’t touch the ground!) and repeat 20 times or 30-45 times for advanced level.
3. Exercise: Wall Sit
- Stand close to a wall; with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Leaning against the wall, go down to a sitting position, bringing your knees to a 90 degree angle. Make sure your knees don’t bend further over your feet, and your lower legs are at a right angle to the floor.
- Push your hips slightly forward so that there is no gap between the wall and the small of your back, and all of your back is lying straight on the wall.
- Position your hands flat, palms on the wall next to your body.
- Hold for 20 seconds or 45-60 seconds for advanced level.
IMPORTANT: repeat each of these 3 exercises 3 times!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.