no items to display
10 Healthy Snacks for Kids This Summer
School's out and the long hot days of summer require some tasty and healthy snacks to get kids through the day. Whether on a road trip, at summer camp or playing at the beach, kids need fuel! Keep tummies from rumbling and put a smile on your child’s face with these 10 fun and healthy snack ideas.
- Fruit Kabobs – The fun is in the making of these refreshing treats. Chop up a bunch of fruit and let the kids build their own. They’ll love the power of customizing their own kabob!
- Homemade Popsicles – Mix together chopped bananas, watermelon, strawberries and orange juice and pour in popsicle molds. Freeze for 3 or 4 hours, and your kids will enjoy a tasty and healthy homemade popsicle!
- Ants on a Log – Kids love playing with food. Let their imagination run wild with this tasty treat. Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese and top with raisins.
- Yogurt Covered Strawberries – For a healthier alternative to chocolate covered strawberries, yogurt covered strawberries are great for hot summer days. Take a toothpick, dip strawberries in yogurt, place on wax paper and transport to the freezer. Freeze completely and enjoy!
- Cracker Sandwiches – Looking for something quick and easy that doesn’t take a lot of effort and is easy to travel with? Look no further than cracker sandwiches! Three ingredients are all you need: cheese, turkey and whole wheat crackers.
- Apple-wiches – Sandwiches made with bread are so last year. Add more crunch with this fruity, protein-rich summer snack. Cut an apple crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices, spread with peanut butter, sprinkle with granola and top with the remaining apple slice.
- Frozen Grapes –Toss a few handfuls of grapes in the freezer for an extra-refreshing summer treat. Your kids will love this frosty, healthy and delicious miniature popsicle.
- Banana Pops – Cut bananas in half and insert a wooden popsicle stick into each half. Dip in yogurt and sprinkle with crushed graham cracker crumbs or granola, and freeze.
- Veggie Flowers – So veggies aren’t the most favorite thing in your household? Try spicing it up by making them into fun shapes like a veggie flower. Have some ranch dressing on the side and all of the sudden vegetables are fun and healthy snack the kiddos are loving!
- And when all else fails, every kid enjoys string cheese! Not only is string cheese fun for kids to peel apart, it’s also a delicious portable snack that provides a healthy dose of calcium.
What healthy snacks will your kids being enjoying this summer? Let us know in the comment section below.
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.