no items to display
5 Key Actions for Your Heart’s Health
As a person interested in your health, you may know that a high intake of fruits and vegetables has been associated with reduced risk for coronary heart disease. Juice Plus+ itself contains a wide variety of nutritionally dense fruits and vegetables reduced to juice powder. For example, our Orchard and Garden Blends are made up of 17 fruits, vegetables, and grains.
In addition to eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, here are 5 more key things you can do for your heart:
- Maintain a healthy weight. Carrying extra weight strains your muscles, including your heart muscle.
- Increase how much you exercise. If you’re sedentary, get moving. If you move a little, work on moving more.
- Avoid fatty meats. Opt for poultry or leaner cuts of beef, pork, or lamb. Reduce your intake of processed meats, such as bacon, sausages, and luncheon meats.
- Reduce salt. Salt is almost everywhere, even in places you wouldn’t expect. Compare the sodium content of products before making your selection.
- Avoid trans fat. Eating trans fat increases the risk of coronary heart disease by raising levels of LDL cholesterol and lowering levels of “good” HDL cholesterol. When cooking, stick to natural oils, such as olive, sunflower, and canola. When dining out, ask the server what type of oil is used, and request healthier choices.
What are doing to maintain a healthy heart? We would love to hear from you below.
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.