no items to display
Staying Energized from the Grill Out to the Fireworks
The Fourth of July is always packed with family get-togethers, time in the sun, and most importantly, fireworks! Whether you are relaxing on the beach, grilling out or gathering to watch the fireworks, America’s birthday can be fast-paced and tiring, but not to worry! With a little planning, you can be prepared to keep the whole family alert and active from the moment you start prepping the food to the fireworks.
Wake Me Up Smoothies
This holiday calls for energy, and lots of it! Start your Fourth of July on the right foot with a smoothie filled with energizing fruits, veggies and protein. Try one of these recipes below to kick start your morning. Just blend all of the ingredients for each smoothie, and enjoy!
- One and a half cups of baby spinach
- One cup of frozen mango
- One banana
- Juice of one lemon
- One cup of frozen cherries
- One peeled and chopped kiwi
- One cup of almond milk
- One tablespoon of chia seeds
- One cup of frozen strawberries
- Half a cup of fresh blueberries
- Half a cup of fresh orange juice
- Two teaspoons of chopped and peeled fresh ginger
- Quarter cup of plain low-fat (1%) yogurt
- Two ice cubes
Quick On-the-Go Snacks
You’ll need more than just a smoothie, so keep portable snacks nearby throughout the day so you don’t miss out on any of the fun! Here are some of our favorite options:
- Almonds provide important nutrients that help convert food into energy.
- Pistachios are a great source of protein, fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Air-popped popcorn, our favorite, provides you with long-lasting power due to its fiber-filled whole grains.
- Juice Plus+ Complete bars are not only tasty, but packed with protein and fiber to help you replace empty calories with healthy ones!
Fourth of July is all about spending quality time with your friends and family. Don’t miss out on any of the activities due to lack of energy—fuel up! What healthy snacks will you be eating throughout this holiday? Share with us in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.