no items to display
Perform Your Best in 2023 With Perform Shakes
Are you curious about how protein powder can support your workouts, even if you’re just getting started? Are you wondering if a protein or performance shake is right for you?
Our body needs a variety of different types of exercises to stay healthy, balanced and feeling well. Just like we need a variety of food to get all the different types of nutrition we need for the body to have energy, be strong and thrive.
Let’s get to it!
Protein, Performance Ingredients & Getting Active in 2023!
What is protein?
Protein is one of the 3 types of MACRO Nutrition. You may have heard someone saying that they needed to balance their MACROS. That means they want to balance their intake of CARBS, FATS and PROTEINS. The body needs all three to thrive.
Why does the body need protein?
- Proteins are also known as amino acids. Sorry for the technical words, but you’ll see it on the pack of protein powder, and I want you to know what that is.
- Protein is also called, “the building blocks of life.” This is because every cell in the body contains protein and protein helps the body to grow and repair itself.
How much protein do I need per day?
According to the British Nutrition Foundation, the Reference Nutrient Intake (RNI) is set at 0.75 g of protein per kilogram bodyweight per day in adults.
If an adult weighs 60 kg, they will need: 60 x 0.75 grams per day = 45 g protein a day
If an adult weighs 74 kg, they will need: 74 x 0.75 grams per day = 55.5 g protein a day
How much protein does Juice Plus+ Perform contain?
Juice Plus+ Perform contains 25 grams of high-quality soy protein to help build muscle. We love this protein source because it is plant-based.
What’s key when choosing a vegan or plant-based protein is to look not just at the protein content, but at the quality of that protein. You can tell the quality by looking at the shake’s essential amino acids list. If it’s “complete” the protein will contain all nine essential amino acids. Juice Plus+ Perform uses a high-quality soy protein as its protein source which has a complete amino acid profile.
FYI – “essential amino acid” means that our body cannot make these acids on its own so we need to eat it to get it into our systems.
2. Performance Ingredients!
The magic of Juice Plus+ Perform is that it is more than just a protein shake.
This lovely bright pink shake powder contains a unique mix of ingredients that most protein shakes do not have!
Juice Plus+ Perform is an all-around “fitness performance shake.”
Think beyond the muscles for ultimate performance – that means you get nutritional support not only for your muscles, but for your energy levels and mental focus too!
High-quality Performance Ingredients Sourced from Real Food (Vegan)
You will discover that Juice Plus+ has 25g of high-quality soy protein per serving to build muscle1, naturally occurring B vitamins from mango, guava, and lemon to gain mental focus2 and maintain energy3 AND naturally occurring vitamin D from mushroom powder to support bone health4
3. Getting Active in 2023!
Whether you’re just starting out with exercise or have been a long-time gym rat, Juice Plus+ Perform has got you covered.
We could all use a little help to stay consistent with exercise. When we get busy, exercise and healthy eating are the first things we let go of. So, how can adding a performance shake to your workout routine help?
By adding a Juice Plus+ Perform shake before or after your workout activity, the nutrition will support your body and mind to help you to go further.
Unique plant-based ingredients work:
- to build muscle – muscle mass and physical activity can affect how your metabolism uses calories for energy.
- to support mental focus – you need your head to be in the “game,” so you don’t get distracted or bail out of a workout early.
- to provide energy – when you have energy, it will be easier to be consistent with your fitness program.
Which ingredients do the heavy lifting?
- Protein contributes to the growth in muscle mass
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) contributes to normal mental performance
- B Vitamins (B1, B2, B5 and B6) contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
Which workouts require a performance shake?
I used to think that workout shakes were only for the big muscle men who lift weights. The truth is, good nutrition can support any type of workout including walking, running, a video workout at home or lifting weights at the gym.
Most active bodies need additional nutritional support, just as much as weightlifting men do, because of the role that nutrition plays in an active lifestyle.
The 3 BEST ways to enjoy Juice Plus+ Perform!
Enjoy as a part of a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
1. On Pack Recipe
The easiest recipe is… add two scoops (40g) powder to 300ml water – and shake it up! Enjoy within 1 hour before or right after your workout.
2. Change the Liquid
I like to use different liquids to freshen up the taste on different days. I love substituting the water for apple juice, coconut water, or orange juice.
3. Post Workout Smoothie!
Another way I like to enjoy Juice Plus+ Perform is in a post-workout smoothie. It’s like a reward after my workout.
Try one of these combinations.
- add two scoops (40g) powder to 300ml coconut water + 1 banana and blend together
- add two scoops (40g) powder to 300ml coconut water + ½ cup frozen pineapple and blend together
- add two scoops (40g) powder to 300ml rice milk + 8 frozen cherries + ½ banana and blend together
- add two scoops (40g) powder to 300ml rice milk + ½ mango + ½ banana and blend together
What else is special about Juice Plus+ Perform?
Juice Plus+ Perform is:
- Gluten free
- Made without GMO ingredients
- Only 6.5 grams sugar per serving
- Fruit-fusion flavoured
- Easy to use, just mix with water.
Let 2023 be YOUR year to get fit!
- Start with proper nutrition along with a varied and balanced diet
- Support your workouts with Juice Plus+ Perform shakes
- Build your workout habit slowly… focusing on consistency (not intensity.)
- Get adequate sleep every night
- Take breaks when tired
- Check in with your doctor regularly to make sure you are on track
We are rooting for you!
Health Coach & Yoga Instructor
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.