no items to display
HEALTHY EATING FOR KIDS: the Juice Plus+ Children’s Health Study
Caring means sharing. Which is why we want to provide you with easy-to-understand information about healthy eating for kids.
You see we all know that a high fibre diet of fresh fruits and vegetables is healthier than fast food, but what do you do when your kids are nagging you for a pizza or burger? Or you can’t face another tantrum when junior wants yet another sweet instead of a wholemeal biscuit.
Taking the easy way out has led to bad diets nowadays, especially among children:
- More than 20% of children suffer from obesity
- Obese children are more likely to stay obese into adulthood
- The number of obese infants and young children globally will increase to 70 million by 2025
For children in particular, healthy eating is extremely important. Apart from eating, sports is also a vital part of a healthy lifestyle:
- Children need a balanced diet that includes fruit & vegetables
- To fight obesity the intake of sugar and saturated facts should be limited
- Children should be physically active - at least 60 minutes each day
Obesity is gradually becoming a large-scale problem, caused by the following trends not only among kids, but adults as well:
- A trend towards decreased physical activity
- Increased intake of energy-dense food that are high in fat & sugar
- 96% of 6 to 12 year-olds don't eat enough vegetables, and 81% don't eat enough fruit. Over 70% of adolescents eat too little fruit and vegetables.
- Most children need the support to develop healthy habits
Which is why Juice Plus+ established the Children’s Health Study to support families to adopt a healthier diet and lifestyle.
The Juice Plus+ Children’s Health Study is a one million participant observational study on healthy eating for kids conducted around the world over several years.
What does the Juice Plus+ Children’s Health Study want to investigate?
What we wanted to achieve with our study is to improve the overall nutrition and eating habits if children and families. Thus, we asked ourselves the following questions:
- Does good nutrition inspire other healthy lifestyle choices?
- What is the best time during childhood to establish good health and nutritional habits?
- Is parental involvement the only key to getting children to adopt good health habits?
What we have already discovered with families that started the Children’s Health Study is that they started to look at other areas of their lifestyle, too. They started to drink more water, they ate less sweets and they ate less fast food.
In fact, after one year of Juice Plus+:
71% of children and teenagers were consuming less fast food and soft drinks. Adults 72%
89% were more aware of their health. Adults 90%
71% were drinking more water. Adults 75%
61% were eating more fruits and vegetables. Adults 71%
How can we as a family participate in the Juice Plus+ Children’s Health Study?
We are hungry for more data.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE PART IN OUR SURVEY TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- The consumption of fruit and vegetables
- Nutritional awareness of a high fibre diet
- General changes in lifestyle and losing weight
It’s really simple: get FREE Juice Plus+ for your child for one year and keep a simple BEFORE and AFTER diary about what your kid is eating and any changes in lifestyle. The offer is open to parents who are current users of Juice Plus+.This means for one year you will both get the best that fruits and vegetables have to offer. An unbeatable deal that you can enjoy for up to four years. Young people between the ages of 4 and 21 may participate.
IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO MAKE A NEW START
Would you like to find out more about the Children’s Health Study? Then contact our customer service directly: email@example.com